Parks and Recreation
The newly established Parks and Recreation Department promotes a healthy and sustainable community by listening and responding to the community’s needs and desires, protecting and preserving its natural spaces to improve ecological health, and developing and maintaining parks, open spaces, and recreation programs that are welcoming for all. promotes the health and well-being of the entire North Bay Village community by collaboratively providing high-quality parks, facilities, and programs. Our mission will be accomplished through sustainable practices and partnerships, as well as focusing on the common good, service excellence and with health at the core of all we do.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sustainability & Resilience: We consciously invest in park and natural spaces while continually preserving and protecting them to benefit future generations.
- Connection to Place: We acknowledge and learn from our community’s history and how parks and recreation contributes to forming a place where people want to live, work and play.
- Accessibility and Belonging: We foster a sense of belonging and curiosity through spaces and programs where everyone feels welcome and secure.
- Community Well-being: We offer welcoming parks, natural spaces and programs to aid individuals’ well-being (physical, mental, and emotional health).
- Fun: We promote park spaces and programs where people have fun, build connections, and make memories.
Parks and Recreation
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Daily, Sunrise – Sunset
For pavilion rentals please contact (305)756-7171
Yoga in the Park
- Vogel Park
- Wednesdays 6:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 AM
- Bring mat, towel and water
- Sponsored by: Commissioner Streitfeld & Commissioner Daro
- North Bay Village (NBV) has been considering a partnership that would bring new recreational amenities and services for Treasure Island Elementary School (TIES) students, NBV residents, and the public, while minimizing taxpayer expense.
- The Argentine Football Association (AFA) won an open bidding process to partner with NBV on the redevelopment of the NBV Public Works Lot on Galleon Street, which currently holds a condemned building, parking for sanitation trucks, and a sewer pump station set to be moved underground.
- The site would then house the 1st-ever NBV community center and padel courts for the community to enjoy.
North Bay Village organizes and hosts various activities and events for children across North Bay Village and their families.
These programs, many of them at no cost, are held throughout the year, including sports outings, athletic skills camps, art programs, summer camp, and more to provide a safe haven for kids to enjoy the outside, make new friendships, learn new things and grow as the youngest residents of North Bay Village.
Children ages 5 to 11 can participate in athletic skills programs at different times of the year. In the winter and spring, the Village hosts a Basketball Skills Camp at the basketball courts at Treasure Island Elementary School. Children meet up in the evening for the chance to build their skills.
In the summer, parents can register their children (ages 5 – 12) for a daily summer camp from June through August. Activities include outdoor games, field trips and themed weeks.