Public Works Department
The objective of the Public Works Department is to enhance the quality of life for our residents, businesses and visitors by way of management and maintenance of the Village’s physical environment and infrastructure in a safe, effective and aesthetically pleasing environment.
Core Quality-of-Life Enhancement Services:
Marlon Lobban, PE
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Duties & Responsibilities
The Public Works Department is responsible for all of the Village maintenance, construction, sanitation and engineering. The Public Works Department ensures that North Bay Village infrastructure provides efficient, safe and environmentally conscious service to the residents and businesses of North Bay Village.
The Public Works Director is responsible for the all administrative activity for the Department such as personnel management, departmental records management, agenda preparation, research, customer service, and all related managerial responsibilities including Capital Improvement Plan Management.
Brush in excess of 3’×4’×5′ must be called into Village Hall for the cost. The Customer shall make payment, in advance, for all brush pick-ups that are in excess of 3’×4’×5′. Brush material shall be placed in the front setback on the day of scheduled trash pick-up. Placing of brush material in the front setback more than 24 hours prior to scheduled pick up will be held in violation and fined. Bulk trash/vegetation shall be placed on the swale for collection no earlier than (24) hours before collection day. Landscape Trash and Debris Violations
Garden Trash (Leaves, Grass, Shrubbery Trimmings, Tree Limbs, Lawn Care Refuse)
Brush in excess of 3’×4’×5′ must be called into Village Hall for the cost. The Customer shall make payment, in advance, for all brush pick-ups that are in excess of 3’×4’×5′. Brush material shall be placed in the front setback on the day of scheduled trash pick-up. Placing of brush material in the front setback more than 24 hours prior to scheduled pick up will be held in violation and fined.
Bulk trash/vegetation shall be placed on the swale for collection no earlier than (24) hours before collection day.
Landscape Trash and Debris
Single Family Home Bulk Waste Pickup – Every Tuesday
- Bulk trash must be placed outside for pickup between 4 pm Monday and 7 am Tuesday.
- Bulk trash will be picked up by 6 pm Tuesday.
- Bulk trash must be separated from regular trash.
- Request a pickup by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 305.756.7171 ext. 55
- NO CHARGE to pick up piles that are less than 5’X4’X3’ (L' X W' X H' = 60 Cu.ft.).
- NO CHARGE for up to three (3) pieces of furniture & white goods.
- An additional charge of $25 per furniture or white good over 3 pieces.
- $200/day fine plus removal fees* if bulk waste is left outdoors on nonscheduled days.
- $40 for mattress pickup (must be scheduled by contacting email@example.com or 305.756.7171 ext. 55)
*Fees are doubled if bulk waste is removed by the Village after a warning has been given.
*Fees are tripled if bulk waste is removed by the Village after receiving a fine.
Commercial/ & Multi-Family Bulk Waste Pickup – Last Wednesday of the Month
- Request for pickup must be made by the Property Manager/Association 72 hours in advance of the last Wednesday of the month by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 305.756.7171 ext. 55
- Requests for pickup are ACCEPTED by individual tenants, owners, or residents via email ONLY.
- $25 per item and $25 per standard pile size to not exceed 5’X4’X3’ (60 Cu. Ft.).
- Bulk trash cannot be set out for pickup before 4 PM on Tuesday.
- Bulk trash will be picked up by 6 pm Wednesday.
- White goods (large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines)
- Mattresses* (MUST be scheduled for pickup and disposal at a cost of $40 per mattress)
- Construction debris
- Hazardous Material (paint/oil/chemicals)** (Instead, drop these off at 1841 Galleon St, North Bay Village, FL 33141 in the NBV Hazardous Waste Storage Container)
Recycling (Electronics, Batteries, Automotive Products, Household Cleaning Products, Fertilizers, Poisons, Paints)**
- Single Family Homes North Bay Island and Treasure Island: Bi-weekly on Wednesday, serviced by Miami-Dade County; Call 311or visit https://www8.miamidade.gov/global/solidwaste/recycling.page for additional information.
- Multi-Family Buildings and Commercial Establishments: Weekly, Thursday and Friday, serviced by Waste Connections of Florida, Miami Hauling; Call 888-333-0515or visit https://www.wasteconnections.com/miami/recyclingfor additional information.
*No lumber or construction material/debris from remodeling or new construction.
**For more information on noncombustible items and where owner can take these items, visit: https://www8.miamidade.gov/global/solidwaste/recycling.page or call 311.
*This content is provided by Miami Dade County*
Watering is not allowed between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Hand-watering with one hose fitted with an automatic shut-off nozzle is allowed for 10 minutes per day for landscape stress relief and to prevent plant die-off.
Restrictions apply to all users of municipal and county water utilities and wells.
Residents and businesses with an ODD-numbered street address (ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9): Lawn watering is permitted on WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS from midnight to 10 a.m. and/or from 4 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
All other Residents and businesses, to include:
- EVEN-numbered street addresses (ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- No street address
- Those with watering needs in both even and odd addresses within the same zones, including multi-family units and Homeowner Associations:
Lawn watering is permitted on THURSDAYS and SUNDAYS from midnight to 10 a.m. and/or from 4 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
For the most efficient use of water, residents should avoid irrigating during both time periods on the same day, choosing one of two “watering windows” (before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.) on their designated irrigation days.
To report water restriction violations, please call the North Bay Village Police Department, 305-758-2626.
Although we strongly encourage you to conserve water, restrictions do not apply to:
- Car and boat washing
- Pressure cleaning of paved surfaces, decorative fountains and water-based recreation (e.g. swimming pools, water slides)
- Users of 100 percent reclaimed water
- Low-volume irrigation, including the use of drop and micro jet systems that apply water directly to plant root zones
Newly planted garden and landscaping: New landscaping can be watered during the corresponding hours listed above every day, except Fridays, for the first 90 days it is installed. Save the receipt with the date of purchase. When unable to water during specific hours, call 305-756-7171to apply for a variance.
Our #NBV Public Works team has made it more convenient than ever for residents to follow Miami-Dade County's environmental safety guidelines.
Now, from Monday-Friday from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM, you can dispose of household chemicals AND electronics by visiting our new hazardous waste containers located at 1841 Galleon Street by the East Gate.
✅Accepted Household Materials:
-Pesticides, solvents, cleaners
✅Electronic Items including:
-Computer monitors and televisions
-Personal computers, keyboards, hard drives, and printers
-VCR's, audio and video equipment
-Communication equipment such as cellular telephones and hand-held radios
-Unbroken fluorescent light bulbs, including the older, long-tube fluorescents, modern compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), and other fluorescent types
North Bay Village receives its water from the Miami-Dade County Water & Sewer Department (WASD). Miami-Dade County WASD performs all treatment and disinfecting of potable water
Water Meter Project FAQ Sheet
Village Projects and Plans
Dr. Paul Vogel Community Park
Extreme High Tides
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Downtown Express services have been on hold for the foreseeable future.