Advisory Boards & Task Force
Advisory Boards and Task Force are established by Village Ordinance. They are tasked with specific powers and duties and are designed to provide insight and expertise — ultimately in the form of recommendations for community development on diverse matters of public concern.
Advisory board membership is a voluntary two-year term, concurrent with Village elections.
To provide non-binding strategic advice/recommendations to the Village Commission in a number of community areas.
Advisory Board Resource Guide
The Advisory Board Resource Guide is a wonderful go-to document that features the structure and mechanics of the Advisory Boards, the qualifications needed and how to apply to become a member, and a detailed FAQ section.
NBV Advisory Boards
Animal Control Advisory Board
Business Development Advisory Board
Financial Advisory Board
Community Enhancement Advisory Board
Planning & Zoning Advisory Board
Resident Services Advisory Board
Sustainability and Resilience Task Force
Anyone wishing to become an Advisory Board member will need to:
- Show proof of residency and/or business operation at North Bay Village.
- Complete at least four (4) hours of Ethics Training during their term of office.
- Disclose their Financial Interest annually:
- Planning & Zoning Board members must complete Form 1, Statement of Financial Interest.
- All other board members must complete a Source of Income Statement.