Advisory Boards & Task Force
Advisory Boards and Task Force are established by Village Ordinance. They are tasked with specific powers and duties and are designed to provide insight and expertise —ultimately in the form of recommendations— for community development on diverse matters of public concern.
Advisory board membership is voluntary two-year term, concurrent with Village elections.
To provide non-binding strategic advice/recommendations to the Village Commission in a number of community areas.
Advisory Board Resource Guide
The Advisory Board Resource Guide is a wonderful go-to document that features the structure and mechanics of the Advisory Boards, the qualifications needed and how to apply to become a member, and a detailed FAQ section.
NBV Advisory Boards
Animal Control Advisory Board
Business Development Advisory Board
Financial Advisory Board
Community Enhancement Board
Planning & Zoning Board
Resident Services Board
Sustainability and Resilience Task Force
Anyone wishing to become an Advisory Board member will need to:
- Show proof of residency and/or business operation at North Bay Village.
- Complete at least four (4) hours of Ethics Training during their term of office.
- Disclose their Financial Interest annually:
- Planning & Zoning Board members must complete Form 1, Statement of Financial Interest.
- All other board members must complete a Source of Income Statement.