The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will begin a bridge rehabilitation project the week of March 13, 2023 to the east and west drawbridges along SR 934/NE 79 Street over the Intracoastal Waterway in Miami-Dade County.
* Repairing major structural, mechanical and electrical bridge components on both east and west drawbridges
* Replacing the existing fender system at the east drawbridge
* Performing control house improvements on both east and west drawbridges
LANE CLOSURE AND DETOUR INFORMATION
Travel lanes may be closed only during nonpeak hours on nonevent days. Nonpeak hours are:
* 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., weekdays and weekends
* 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., Sunday through Thursday
* 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., Friday and Saturday
This project will require nighttime bridge closures that will be noticed in advance.
Public Meeting Information
A public information meeting will take place to discuss this project, both in-person and virtually, starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 16, 2023. FDOT representatives will provide an overview of the projects and will be available to answer questions.
To attend the In-Person Public Meeting:
The in-person public meeting will be held at North Bay Village Commission Chambers, 1666 Kennedy Causeway, #101, North Bay Village, FL 33141. Limited space is available.