We are pleased to share that Governor DeSantis has approved the Village’s two State appropriations, totaling $650,000:
1. North Bay Village Stormwater Inlet Filter Installation – $150,000
2. North Bay Village Wastewater Pump Station Improvements – $500,000
This is in addition to grant funding we recently received from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, including:
1. Island Walk Seawall Coastal Resiliency – $3,000,000
2. Stormwater Collection System – $2,100,000
3. Stormwater Master Plan – Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Plan – $150,000
This makes this the MOST successful year in Village history in terms of State appropriations AND State grant funding with a total award amount of $5.9 million. We could not have accomplished this incredible feat without the support of our Commission: Mayor Latham, Vice Mayor Wilmoth, Commissioner Dr. Chervony, Commissioner Streitfeld, and Commissioner Strout; our Commission has advocated passionately for our projects in Tallahassee.
We would like to thank Governor DeSantis for his support; Senator Pizzo and Representative Grieco for sponsoring and championing our items; Village Public Works Director Marlon Lobban and Grant Writer LaKeesha Morris-Moreau for their help securing the grants; and our residents, whose enthusiasm encourages us to strive to be the most resilient, livable, and prosperous community in Florida.